For boat owners looking for ultra-fast internet on board, the new 5G Xtream from Digital Yacht offers 4G and 5G connectivity as well as integration with Starlink satellite systems for the best and affordable blended internet afloat.
The 5G Xtream can support 5G (shoreside) connection speeds up to 3.1GB/s but also integrates a 4G Cat 20 modem which offers connectivity up to about 25NM from shore at speeds of up to 2GB/s. The system uses three external antennas with dual high gain vertical antennas and a separate compact dome for the higher 5G frequencies. This MIMO technology and critically, separate antennas, gives optimum performance. There’s support for dual SIMs with auto (failover) or manual switching between operators.
The 5G Xtream features dual band (2.4 & 5GHz) wireless connections so users on board simply search for the secure wifi point and connect. There’s also 4 LAN ports (10/100/1000MBs) for wired devices like Smart TVs and a WAN port which is optimised for Starlink satellite connectivity allowing the 5GX to act as a sophisticated and fast router for all on board internet communications.
The Wi-Fi router can also be configured to access marina wifi hotspots as an additional method of internet access. This also supports the very latest 5GHz marina wifi services and there’s a high gain external wifi antenna also available as an accessory.
For advanced users, the 5G Xtream allows for user management, VPNs, blacklists and IOT applications. NMEA 0183/2000 data can also be connected using Digital Yacht’s LANLink devices. The integrated GPS allows for SMS reporting of boat position or even a geofence/drift setting when the boat is at anchor on in port.
The Digital Yacht 5G Xtream is supplied as a complete solution with antennas, mounts and cabling – all that’s additionally required is a cellular SIM.
Configuration is very simple. Just insert the SIM cards. The 5G Xtream has two standard SIM slots and it is possible to fit two SIMs from two different network operators. By default, the 5G Xtream will query the SIM that is installed and automatically select the APN settings from its internal database.
However, it is very important that you “lock down” your wireless network, with your own network name (SSID) and wireless password. This task only takes a couple of minutes and is dona via the 5G Xtream web interface.
Accessing 5G Xtream functionality is via an easy web interface. Any locally connected device can simply enter the IP address to the password protected interface to set up functions, view traffic and logs and configure wifi.
Once set up, there should be no requirement to login other than for diagnostics and configuration. Users simply access the internet through the wifi connection just as they would in the home or office
- Ultra fast 5G internet afloat solution with speeds up to 3.1GBs plus also integrates latest 4G Cat 20 LTE MIMO technology with range up to 25NM offshore (network dependent) and 4G connection speeds up to 2GBs
- Dual SIM slots with auto fail over or manual selection
- Two external, high gain, wide bandwidth antennas plus a compact high gain dome antenna for higher 5G frequencies
- Dual band integrated wifi router (2.4 & 5 GHz) – independently configurable
- Built in GPS with external patch antenna for IOT and tracking/anchor alarm applications
- 4 x LAN ports
- 1 x WAN port for additional internet connectivity – optimised for Starlink satellite systems
- Digital input/output connectivity for IOT/control applications
- SMS capability
- 12/24v operation
|•-40 to +75 C
•Main unit: 180 x125 x 55mm (ex antennas)
•Weight 3,8 kg
4G & 5G Antennas
|•5G Sub-6Ghz SA/NSA. Up to 2.1/3.3Gbps downlink (4×4 MIMO)
•4G(LTE) CAT 20 up to 2GB/s
• Support bands:
5G (NSA): n1, n3, n5, n7, n8, n20, n28, n38, n40, n41, n77
5G (SA): n1, n3, n5, n7, n8, n20, n28, n38, n40, n41, n77, n78
4G (LTE-FDD): B1, B3, B5, B7, B8, B20, B28, B32
4G (LTE-TDD): B38, B40, B41, B42, B43
•Dual Wi-Fi band independent 2.4 & 5 GHz (Maximum 150 connections)
• Dual 48cm external wide band high gain MIMO supplied with 7m cables and mounting bases. (10 & 20m options available) PLUS additional 100mm dome antenna for 4 x 4 MIMO operation and optimised for 5G (7m cable only)
|•4 x LAN 10/100 Ethernet Port
•1 x WAN 10/100 Ethernet Port
•WiFi •802.11 b/g/n/ac